Outpatient Program (OP)
Our outpatient services are provided by Behavioral Health Hawaii, a subsidiary of Maui Recovery.
The primary difference between our IOP program and our OP program is the number of weekly hours that clients participate in therapeutic group sessions. While Intensive Outpatient groups meet 9 hours week, outpatient groups meet less frequently and are a step-down from IOP. The flexibility of the outpatient schedule allows clients to work part-time if they wish, and is an ideal option for those who are looking for supplemental recovery support as they transition from an extended stay inpatient treatment center and to and from a sober living house. Many individuals utilize OP as the final stage of a step-down program as they prepare to transition back into completely independent living. Here are several reasons why an individual might opt to participate in OP versus IOP, PHP, or inpatient:
- He or she cannot afford a higher level of care.
- He or she has already completed an extended stay inpatient program, and is looking for some supplemental guidance in early recovery.
- He or she must work part-time or full-time to support a family, but feels some level of treatment is necessary.
- The substance abuse disorder is not severe enough to require detoxification, inpatient rehab, or partial hospitalization.
- The client is enrolled in school full-time or part-time and is not able or willing to take a leave of absence.
The majority of therapeutic groups in our specific outpatient program focus on topics pertinent to the application of recovery in real life situations and circumstances. Essentially, the therapy available in our outpatient program is simply a condensed version of the therapeutic practices and techniques we employ in our more intense programs – with a heavier focus on relapse prevention and successfully coping with triggers and cravings.
Some of the specialty forms of therapy available in our outpatient program include:
There are many benefits to outpatient treatment, despite the fact that patients will not be receiving the same immersive level of care they would from an inpatient program or partial hospitalization program. They will still be met with a necessary level of accountability, given the opportunity to build vital peer support circles, and treated therapeutically by licensed and experienced professionals. For more information on our specific outpatient program of recovery, please feel free to call us today at (800) 919-2066.