Addiction recovery is a beautiful and highly personal journey of self-discovery and emotional, mental, and spiritual healing. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to find true happiness and fulfillment.
You must have a support system to lean on when going through a divorce. There is a bit of a recovery process, and many women go through phases before coming out on the other side. This is because working through a divorce is awfully exhausting – emotionally, physically, and mentally. When you are facing divorce, you will want to take some time to find decent support for divorced women so you can move through it.
Working Through Feelings
With all of the challenges you face during a divorce, you may also feel rather alone. When you are separated from the person you have been in a relationship with; it is never easy – especially when you have kids. This is a life-altering adjustment, and you will have a variety of emotions to face.
Having a solid support system for your divorce is very vital. The support for divorced women could be a group, a divorce coach, or talking with friends and family. The most important aspect is knowing that you do have support around you to be reminded you are not alone with the journey.
What are the Benefits of Support During Divorce?
As human beings, we are inclined to want to belong and connect with others. Once you become alienated, it is normal to feel unloved and rejected. Support for divorced women helps to battle the isolation that may happen when going through an experience as traumatic as a divorce. You could have a fragmented social system to begin gluing back together once you start to surround yourself with the right people and support system.
These are just a few of the reasons why you may want to get support when going through a divorce:
- Not feel as though you are alone – Divorce is already difficult, so having support for your personal situation is the best way to face the challenges ahead of you.
- Making it easier as you move through and let go – You can entertain many negative thoughts when you spend too much time alone. By spending more time with other people, you can start to take your mind off the overall situation.
- Get the motivation you need when trying to get better – A quality support system inspires healing so that you can become stronger than you ever were before. This could be a divorce coach, a women’s support group, a crisis center, or another outlet.
- Overcome grief you are feeling – Many people look at divorce as similar to that of a death in your life. Talking through the situation and having the right amount of support will foster growth and healing.
Are you looking for a system of support for divorced women? We are here to help at The Gatehouse. Fill out our online program referral form by clicking here, and a member of our staff will get back to you. If you would like to talk to someone, you can reach us by calling (817) 912-0317. We would like to be here to give you the support you need to get back on your feet after dealing with the trauma of divorce.
About the Maui Recovery Team
- Board Certified Physician Consultation & Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Group and Individual Therapy
- Spiritual Consulting with Hawaiian Kahuna
- Psychoeducational Classes
What Makes Maui Recovery Unique
- A centrally located pristine, private, and tranquil setting
- Integration of Hawaiian culture and traditions in therapy
- Inclusion of neurobiological factors in diagnosis and clinical care
- Deep Cathartic Emotional work targeting and addresses buried and repressed shame, pain, grief, anger, guilt and low self worth that often cause compulsive behaviors and addictions.
- Mindfulness meditation and engaged living that cultivates a true spiritual life.
15 Years of Healing and Treating
We know first hand the pain and suffering that comes from active addiction. We're here for you.