Searching for the best drug and alcohol treatment centers can be an overwhelming task, especially for anyone battling addiction demons while in the process of searching. Thankfully, online research and comparison can save someone a great deal of time by narrowing down a search based on options outlined by drug and alcohol treatment centers. Key factors and services provided are what a person can compare when choosing the right treatment center for themselves or a loved one. Factors such as provided treatments, housing options, cost, and location are all important to consider before making a decision. But, ultimately making the first decision to seek treatment for you yourself or a loved one is the best decision you will ever make.
Why Drug And Alcohol Addiction Needs To Be Taken Seriously
Everyday innocent men and women are losing their lives to drug addiction. And unfortunately, overdose death rates have been skyrocketing throughout the entire United States. Drugs are highly addictive and have become more accessible each year to all ages of people. Prescription painkillers, even when taken initially as prescribed, can easily become addictive and especially more dangerous for those who are predisposed to substance dependency. Currently it is estimated that every 4 out of 5 cases of heroin addiction initially began with the introduction of prescription painkillers. Those who develop physical and psychological dependencies on the painkillers begin turning to more affordable and readily available alternatives – heroin. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, the vast majority of men and women who struggle with opiate addiction initially began taking prescription painkillers after being prescribed by a medical professional. Everyday in the U.S more than 130 individuals die from opioid related overdoses.
Alcoholism is one of the most severe and persistent substance abuse related issues throughout the United States. Most people engage in heavy drinking, which is the consumption of two or more alcoholic beverages on a daily basis. Alcoholism is one of most severe and persistent substance-related issues throughout the United States. According to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse, and Alcoholism over 36% of college students reported that they engaged in binge drinking in the past month. Binge drinking is defined as the consumption of five or more drinks over the course of one sitting. Over 20% of the vast majority of those who struggle with binge drinking will also experience symptoms associated with alcohol addiction. One study conducted in 2011 found that addictive binge drinking rates were twice as high among men then they were among women. Over 88,000 people die from alcohol-related deaths annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death. Still, the vast majority of those who struggle with detrimental drinking patterns and alcohol abuse fail to seek the help they need.
Factors To Consider And Questions To Ask Alcohol Treatment Centers
- Insurance – It’s comforting to know that many health insurance plans will cover services by drug and alcohol abuse programs and facilities. With the passage of the Affordable Care Act, more Americans now have access to these forms of addiction treatment. Although, plans can vary in terms of what type of coverage they provide or how long they will cover treatment. So, it’s best to check with your provider and/or the rehabilitation center or program you are interested in attending.
- Licensing And Accreditation – Drug and alcohol treatment centers may qualify for a number of different types of accreditation or licensure. These agencies include the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the American Medical Accreditation Program (AMAP), the American Accreditation HealthCare Commission/Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (AAHC/URAC), and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory HealthCare (AAAHC). In addition, the Foundation for Accountability (FACCT) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). All of these accreditations play important roles in ensuring the quality of treatments provided.
- Treatment Methods – When it comes to drug & alcohol abuse programs there are a vast amount of treatments available, from science-based methods to evidence-based methods. Some treatment approaches may sound good in writing, or on a screen. But, the fact is what are outcomes and success rates? Most often, if your family doctor recommended treatment for a serious infection, she would share the results of that treatment in clinical trials. So should the same be done for
- Program Effectiveness – Look beyond client demographics in assuming the effectiveness of programs at potential drug and alcohol abuse treatment centers. Asking if the programs offered provide pre and post treatment evaluations is one way to determine effectiveness. Outcomes research is an integral part of the evidence-based psychiatric treatment programs offered by the best drug and alcohol treatment centers.
- Different Programs Offered – To what extent is the drug & alcohol abuse program tailored to the individual client? Is it more of a one-size-fits-all approach where all clients participate in the same curriculum? Or are therapeutic approaches and supporting activities individualized based on current symptoms and challenges? There is no “one-size fits all” drug or alcohol abuse program, and how could there be when each of us is so unique. Perhaps a working farm community sounds great for you, but may not offer enough structure for a loved one. Remember that some clients are gender shy, and may be more comfortable in a female-only or male-only program. Be sure in your search of how to find the best drug and alcohol treatment center that you find one welcoming to all individuals. Some clients have specific needs based on their diagnosis and mental health concerns and lifestyle. If spirituality is important to you, understand how the program includes or excludes a client’s faith or spirituality in treatment. Understanding your options in programs offered will give insight if a facility is a good fit or a potential waste of resources.
- Family Participation – Family involvement can be a crucial part of the recovery process for some clients, while distancing is crucial for others. During the admission and assessment process, input from family members can give the clinical team a more robust picture of a client’s history of symptoms and treatment, challenges and strengths. Be sure to ask how much input families have in the assessment process. With some inpatient drug & alcohol abuse treatment facilities, families are encouraged to fully engage in treatment with clients. Ask if the facility and programs offer any support groups or education opportunities for families as part of its recovery treatment programs.
How Maui Recovery Incorporates These Important Factors
At Maui Recovery we work with a variety of different insurance plans to provide our clients with the most available help possible financially. We are happy to verify your insurance benefits and help explain the available options based on your policy’s coverage. It’s important to know that not all insurance plans are the same and most insurance authorization is based on medical necessity. It greatly aids our evaluation of your insurance coverage if you are willing to take some time and tell us about the situation you are dealing with, or for you to fill out our online application. Without the details for your situation or a brief history of the individual seeking treatment it is difficult to anticipate what your insurance policy will cover. Please understand that we strive diligently to maximize your insurance benefit by providing utilization review and billing facilitated by our hard working professional team.
Successful programs from the best drug and alcohol treatment centers, like Maui Recovery, most often offer evidence-based care options and treatments. And in exceptional drug and alcohol treatment centers, you will find that clinical staff has received training in these specific methodologies. Many therapeutic approaches like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and 12-step approaches have been studied extensively, and therefore effective when used as indicated. Also be sure that the treatment center assigns a specific therapeutic approach to each client based on diagnoses, symptoms, and goals. It is also important to remember that evidence-based therapies used to treat a diagnosis that is not indicated, may not produce the intended outcomes. Not only is drug and alcohol addiction a serious and life threatening condition, but also an intensive recovery process. Be cautious of programs that promise an easy fix in learning how to find the best drug and alcohol treatment centers for yourself or a loved one. Drug and alcohol addiction is not an easy obstacle to overcome, it requires professional help and services for long term recovery.
Compare A Typical Day At The Potential Drug And Alcohol Treatment Centers
- Remember, drug & alcohol abuse treatment centers offer different kinds of programs, activities, and varying degrees of structure. Asking staff to see a sample of a daily or weekly schedule that entails what a typical patient will endure is important. Evaluate the schedule based on your understanding of your loved one’s needs for structure, supervision, physical activity and social interaction.
- Do daily activities vary, or does each day seem the same?
- Consider the mix of talk therapy, hands-on or expressive therapies, and physical activity.
- Is one-on-one time with dedicated therapists or psychiatrists offered daily?
- Are most groups generalized for the whole patient population, or are clients offered opportunities for specialized therapy and learning?
- Outside of traditional therapeutic treatment hours, how are clients encouraged to socialize on evenings and weekends?
Are off-campus activities in the community offered for clients?
At Maui Recovery We Take Pride In Helping Our Clients Find Peace Within
The programs and staff of our amazing and transformative centers are key to what we can offer you or a loved battling drug and alcohol addiction. Our knowledgeable staff members get to witness our clients’ transformation and growth in mind, body and spirit every day. Our clients get to go inward and dispel the false messages that have been running their lives. We are one of the best drug and alcohol treatment centers because we take pride in helping our clients discover the truth about who they really are. What makes Maui Recovery unique and stand out from the rest is we offer:
- A centrally located pristine, private, and tranquil setting.
- Integration of Hawaiian culture and traditions in therapy.
- Inclusion of neurobiological factors in diagnosis and clinical care.
- Deep Cathartic Emotional work targeting buried and repressed shame, pain, grief, anger, guilt and low self worth that often cause compulsive behaviors and addictions.
- Mindfulness meditation and engaged living that cultivates a true spiritual life.
At Maui Recovery, we welcome, nurture, and care for individuals and families through their journey of recovery by empowering their restoration & healing from addiction. We provide dynamic programs that address the Whole Self, transforming a shame core to a love core and cultivating meaningful human connection, intimacy, and purposeful living.
Maui Recovery Recognizes Concerns That Come With A Current Pandemic
At Maui Recovery we understand the concern for treatment during times of a pandemic. There is especially a lot of fear and concern regarding COVID-19; that we as a leading treatment center provider want to address. Be assured that our programs at Maui Recovery have always been an ideal operation to accommodate concerns such as safe distancing, privacy, and strict cleanliness. Maui Recovery offers a coed 8 bed customized program based upon Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes. While other centers scramble to adapt, we have always specialized in small and personal recovery programming. We provide the best drug and alcohol treatment centers in Hawaii. Our residents attend inhouse AA, NA, Refuge Recovery and Smart Recovery Meetings. A large portion of our programming involves our adventure guides, aiming to help residents find their true self. In secluded nature adventures exploring the magical Island of Maui, far away from tourists and other unwanted distractions. While other programs are forced to create a new program strategy in this crisis, at Maui Recovery we continue with normal programming, as we already have the perfect system in place. Reassuring our clients that they have put their recovery path in the right hands, no matter the current situation of the world.
If you or a loved one is seeking recovery care, please reach out to Maui Recovery to begin help today. You can contact us by phone 877-317-8260 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com