What are some avenues to explore in your search for the best addiction treatment facility in Hawaii? For each individual in search of the perfect addiction facility Hawaii has to offer, an understanding of core wants and needs for recovery should be sought. Avenues to explore such as the location of the facility, the environment in which it provides, treatments and modalities the facility offers, the experience level of staff, and the success of past clients are all important things to consider. While most recovery centers will offer the similar types of environment, forms of treatment, and support for individuals seeking recovery, not all are the same. Let’s take a look into what makes a facility stand out, or what makes the ‘best addiction treatment facility in Hawaii’ the best of the best!
Tips for Finding The Best Addiction Treatment Facility In Hawaii
Location – To start, location-location-location! Sometimes when an individual is experiencing addiction, compulsion, or severe mental distress, their environment is at the core of the problem. Finding an addiction facility Hawaii that is in a desired location, whether closer to home for support, or farther away from home for safety, should be sought. For some individuals seeking recovery, Nature is the best place for a safe, nurturing, and healing environment. While for others, a bustling city with available open public transit may be more comforting and give a sense of freedom. Whichever is the best choice of environment for the individual in search of recovery, should be chosen. At Maui Recovery for example, our 12 bed facility is an intimate, nurturing, and serene space with three houses on property. Whether residents of Hawaii, the Mainland, or other countries, we are ideally suited for men and women over the age of 18. For those seeking a locals discount, however, we do offer a special kamaaina rate to residents of the Hawaiian Islands. Nestled in the heart of paradise, Maui Recovery offers the perfect location for clients seeking an earthly natural environment.
Treatment & Modalities – In your search for the best addiction treatment facility in Hawaii, you will find different centers available today. However, there are differences amongst each facility in terms of the scope of treatments & modalities they provide. Most facilities will offer traditional forms of treatment such as; Eye Movement Desensitization And Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, as well as Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Adventure Therapy is also a newly renowned option for those seeking the best addiction treatment facility in Hawaii, and proudly offered at our Maui Recovery Treatment center thanks to our location in paradise. These unique forms of Maui addiction treatment include:
- One of the most profound Maui addiction treatment options offered at facilities capable of Nature Therapy, is Equine Therapy. This type of therapy can help create a better understanding of an individual’s communication patterns and how they can be improved upon. It comes as no surprise that the animal and human connection has proven to be a very powerful experience for both parties. Horses may not be able to use words like us, but their ability to sense the feelings and intentions of those around them makes them great communicators. By caring for and building trust with horses, our clients can reaffirm within themselves that they can have a positive influence on others and build trust within themselves.
- So often, the addicted individual feels lost and devoid of a healthy sense of self or purpose in their lives when overcoming addiction, compulsion, or depression. For those seeking the
- , Nature Immersion can be powerful and transformative in understanding the deeper significance of certain experiences. Whether it be the quieting of the Ego/Mind, separation from a triggering environment, or listening to soothing sights and sounds- Nature Immersion helps to heal. Hawaii provides the perfect place for this type of Maui addiction treatment, and helps to bring clients that much close to a successful recovery.
- Today, addiction psychiatrists find relevant uses for
- to treat Substance Abuse, Addiction, and other Mental Health Disorders. Surf Therapy is a very recent development in psychotherapy treatment that is widely used for veterans who suffer from; post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and other life-threatening injuries. Outrigging Canoeing is also a water inspired therapy that combines a thrilling ocean adventure with fascinating information about Hawaiian culture and endemic marine life. Perfect for families, groups, couples or solo travelers seeking the adventure therapy experience of a lifetime. Both are perfect examples of Maui addiction treatments that can only be found in Hawaii.
Experienced Professionals & Staff – Seek to find out more about the staff members and professional support an addiction facility Hawaii offers, before making a decision. Do their staff members have experience, and if so- personal experience? Does their facility provide around the clock care by available professionals? These are important questions to ask, and all facilities should be transparent about their staff members. Our founder speaks for himself as to the type of experienced and professional staff members Maui Recovery has on board. Dr. Kardaras is an Ivy-League educated psychologist, an internationally renowned speaker, and one of the country’s foremost addiction experts. A former Clinical Professor at Stony Brook Medicine where he specialized in teaching the neurophysiology and recovery techniques for addiction, he has also taught neuropsychology at the doctoral-level and has worked closely in developing clinical protocols with Dr. Howard Shaffer, Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School and the Director of their Division of Addiction. He lives with his wife and twin sons between Austin, TX and Sag Harbor, NY while also a frequent presenter and lecturer on the subjects of mental health, philosophy, and both substance and screen addictions.
Why Maui Recovery Is The Best Addiction Treatment Facility In Hawaii
What makes Maui Recovery a unique experience lies in their beautiful and private location, experienced staff, and Nature Immersion Therapies just to begin. The Hawaiian word Ohana, “coming from the same root,” refers to an inclusive and extended family. It expresses the very heart of Maui Recovery and explains why we are known to be the best addiction treatment facility in Hawaii. Our dedicated staff has seen countless addicted individuals recover from what often appears to be a hopeless condition and/or situation. And again, what really makes our Maui Recovery Treatment Center stand out among the top options in America is our beautiful location and unique Maui recovery activities. Ultimately, it is our dedication to treating our patients the right way that causes us to go above and beyond to help them. Here are some examples of what makes Maui Recovery a unique experience:
- Property is situated in paradise, the beautiful island of Maui.
- Luxurious, spacious, and private setting that provides a safe environment.
- Private mental health treatment programs and Maui recovery activities.
- Integrated health care treatments and modalities.
- Experienced staff members and mental health professionals.
- Unique Nature Immersion Therapies such as scuba diving, snorkeling, canoeing, etc.
- Private rooms and lodging that accommodates our clients individual needs.
- Round-the-clock patient care and support.
At Maui Recovery we’ve created a Recovery Program combining Holistic Wellness, Best-Practice Care, Nature & Transformative Experiences in order to achieve lasting Recovery. On the magical, mythical island of Maui, each struggling addict undertakes their own Hero’s Journey to overcome their struggles and find the purpose and passion of their lives. Our clients get to go inward and dispel the false messages that have been running their lives and discover the truth about who they really are. And our staff is there, every step of the way.