At first glance, making the choice of which substance abuse treatment in Hawaii is best for you or a loved one struggling with addiction is no easy task. But, thanks to years of research, experimentation, and study- there are many different types (or modalities) found today to learn about and choose from for substance abuse recovery. From Equine Therapy, which utilizes horses for emotional healing, to traditional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, for changing negative thought patterns, options are available. However understanding those options, and what they can provide to the willing individual seeking substance abuse recovery is vital. Hawaii offers the perfect location for anyone wanting to re-establish their intimate connection with nature. Which can provide the ultimate benefit of internal healing. Which substance abuse treatment in Hawaii is best depends on the needs and wants of the person seeking the actual treatment. Let’s explore the different forms of treatment offered for substance abuse today and see what sets each apart from another.
The Different Forms Of Substance Abuse Treatment In Hawaii
Most facilities that provide substance abuse treatment in Hawaii will offer common forms of successful therapies and/or modalities used in facilities nationwide. Keeping in mind that Hawaii provides the natural environment and location for unique forms of treatment found nowhere else but in paradise. Unique treatments such as Nature Immersion and Adventure Therapy. Exploring the different forms of substance abuse treatment in Hawaii will give a better idea of what is the best path to walk going forward toward successful recovery. As part of the success in substance abuse recovery is determining which type of treatment is best suited for the recovering individual. Below are some examples of substance abuse treatment in Hawaii, both common and newly recognized:
- Motivational Interviewing (MI): A collaborative, therapeutic conversation between licensed clinicians and clients that addresses the common problem of ambivalence for change. Rather than imposing or forcing changes, MI allows substance abuse treatment centers to “meet the client where the client is” and help them move toward their goals by drawing out and building their readiness to change.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): It is very common for individuals struggling with substance abuse to experience destructive and negative thinking or maladaptive thought patterns. Since our cognition affects our wellbeing, changing harmful thought patterns can help clients recognize their ability to practice alternative ways of thinking. While also regulating distressing emotions and harmful behavior.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): This type of therapy teaches clients how to regulate their emotions to reduce the self-destructive behaviors that derive from extreme, intense emotions. Primarily a skill-building approach, DBT focuses on the development of four key skill sets; Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, Mindfulness (to live in the moment and fully experience emotions), Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT): Similar to CBT, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy helps clients identify, challenge, and replace their destructive thoughts and convictions with healthier, adaptive thoughts. Empirical studies demonstrate that this process incites emotional well-being and goal achievement.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MSBR): A sequential method that teaches the individual who is struggling with racing and impulsive thoughts on how to be in the “here and now”. By focusing on the breath or on an object in the room, the client slowly becomes able to collapse their awareness into the present moment.
- Recovery-Oriented Challenge Therapy: Sometimes also called Adventure Therapy or Outdoor Behavioral Health (OBH), this evidence-based technique is centered on an activity or “adventure” in which a clinical professional can actively engage with clients. Examples of Recovery-Orientated Challenge Therapy include: group challenges, outdoor activities, Nature Immersion, ropes courses, Equine Therapy, games, or other skill-building healing activities. Designed to help clients identify strengths and skills, build social support, strengthen their sense of focus of control, and address basic recovery issues, these groups assist with the development of self-care, boundaries, accountability, and trust. Simply being outdoors and immersed in nature has itself been proven to be therapeutic for a person stuck in a sedentary and addictive indoor lifestyle.
- Experiential Therapies/Psychodrama: Many clients, especially younger clients, trapped in addictive and dysfunctional lifestyles, often benefit greatly from action-based and potentially transformative experiences. In psychodrama, the client can relive scenes from earlier in their lives that may have been turning points or “stuck” points in their addictive slide. The client is able to relive, and through the help of the clinician, change the toxic scene into one of breakthrough and empowerment.
Each type of therapy, or substance abuse treatment, can have a different effect on an individual as none of us is exactly the same. So understanding what each type of treatment entails can help better determine which is best for the individual seeking substance abuse treatment in Hawaii. Again, the beautiful and exotic location of Hawaii is what really makes the local substance abuse centers stand out from the rest. Powerful and unique treatment options such as Nature Immersion, Equine Therapy, and Surf Therapy are found very limited anywhere else. The best substance abuse treatment in Hawaii for you or a loved one can be found where the heart draws to.
Why Maui Recovery Offers The Best Substance Abuse Treatment In Hawaii
What makes Maui Recovery a unique experience lies in their beautiful and private location, experienced staff, and unique forms of substance abuse treatment. Detoxification is the removal of toxins, including psychological or substance related. Using both evidence and experimental based treatments, we are able to effectively treat substance abuse disorders. The Hawaiian word Ohana, “coming from the same root,” refers to an inclusive and extended family. It expresses the very heart of Maui Recovery and explains why we offer the best modalities of substance abuse treatment in Hawaii. Our dedicated staff has seen countless conflicted individuals recover from what often appears to be a hopeless and ever-lasting condition. Our beautiful location allows our substance abuse treatment center to offer and incorporate unique modalities needed for lasting recovery. Ultimately, it is our dedication to treating our patients with an open mind and understanding foundation that fuels recovery success. Here are some examples of what makes Maui Recovery a unique experience for anyone seeking substance abuse treatment:
- Property is situated in paradise, the beautiful island of Maui.
- Luxurious, spacious, and private setting that provides a safe environment.
- Private unique treatment programs and Nature Immersion activities.
- Integrated health care treatments and modalities.
- Experienced staff members and mental health professionals.
- Private rooms and lodging that accommodates our clients individual needs.
- Round-the-clock patient care and support.
At Maui Recovery we’ve created a substance abuse treatment program that combines Holistic Wellness, Best-Practice Care, and transformative experiences based on Nature Immersion. In order to achieve life-long lasting recovery, clients undertake their own Hero’s Journey to overcome their struggles and find the purpose and passion of their lives. Clients are given the opportunity and guidance to go inward and dispel the false messages that have been running their lives. Our experienced Maui Recovery staff is there every step of the way, helping clients discover the truth about who they really are. Visit us online, over the phone, or in person to experience why Maui Recovery offers the best substance abuse treatment in Hawaii!